This is all thanks to Carolyn and her fantastic tutorial.
Step 1: I gathered the materials (image1)
Step 2: As fabric base I had only some linen measuring 25cm x 22.5cm. I realised it would be too thin and flimsy to hold the papers and everything else. So I glued the linen to some thin corrugated card donated by a cookie package containing chocolate cookies ... (image 2)
Step 3: Papers, lace, fabric and whatever else I had at hand was then glued onto the base. (image 3)
I had only a small bottle of acrylic glue which I slightly thinned with water ... I have no idea at the moment how well this will all stick together - a true experiment!
You can also see that the fabric base is not fully covered which is a shame but .... I simply ran out of glue (big sigh)
I cannot wait till everything is dry so that I can start with the second part ...
Have fun and enjoy your weekend, Petra.